Sri Lanka Rupavahini (TV) Corporation, the State Television stands for the benefit of all Sri Lankans. We do recognise the peoples diversity of expectations, values , interests and needs. We reach our target groups in Sinhala, Tamil and English languages.
Sri Lanka Rupavahini Corporation (SLRC) was created by an Act of Parliament on 23 rd January 1982, established on 14th February 1982 and commissioned transmission on 15th February 1982. SLRC aims to provide the best possible programmes to satisfy the needs of its viewers for informative , educational and family oriented entertainment.
The Sri Lanka Rupavahini Corporation, the National Television Network was commissioned on 15th February 1982, expanded its studio and transmission facilities in 1986 and rehabilitated most of the original equipment using digital technology in 1998 under three grant aid projects from the Government of Japan. its studio complex is situated in Colombo the commercial capital of Sri Lanka. The complex comprises of a Master Control Room, four Studios, two Dubbing Studios, Digital Post Production Unit, two Analogue Post production Units, several editing suites including Non Linear Editing and four Outside Broadcast vehicles.
The continuing Audio Visual Icon of Sri Lankans.
With commitment and unity,creating timely, meaningful and intuitive programmes rich in knowledge, entertainment and education and disseminating them chiseled with state-of-the-art technology exceeding the expectations of Sri Lankans everywhere.
- Improving the attractiveness, variety and meaningfulness of television programmes through changes to the format of the programme.
- Reaching Viewers More Effectively by Appropriate and Strategic Use of State-of-the-art Technologies in a Converging Environment of Acquisition, Post Production and Dissemination Technologies.
- Improving the physical infrastructure and productively developing the human resources of the institute.
- Introducing new means of generating income for the institution.
- Amending the statutory framework of the institution to suit the competitiveness.
- Team Work